General Discussion » Activism

• Crystal
    Crystal Vermont
    I would like to hear how, in this time of pandemic dangers, social distancing, mask wearing, people are finding ways to support their beliefs. I realize that many people don’t hit the streets like I do, but if we could elevate the discussion above and beyond petition signing, I would like to know, as racism rears it’s ugly head, with elections looming and IMHO neither party offers a choice for any real change, with ICE and Border Patrol victimizing immigrants, how are you responding? I have gone to the streets a few times, but it’s not comfortable. Anyway, I’ll talk about what I do but hope to hear from others because it’s a question on my mind every day.

I would like to hear how, in this time of pandemic dangers, social distancing, mask wearing, people are finding ways to support their beliefs. I realize that many people don’t hit the streets like I do, but if we could elevate the discussion above and beyond petition signing, I would like to know, as racism rears it’s ugly head, with elections looming and IMHO neither party offers a choice for any real change, with ICE and Border Patrol victimizing immigrants, how are you responding? I have gone to the streets a few times, but it’s not comfortable. Anyway, I’ll talk about what I do but hope to hear from others because it’s a question on my mind every day.

• Sean Henry
    Sean Henry Ireland
    Hi Ariel hope you are doing well.

Hi Ariel hope you are doing well.

• Jessica
    Jessica Wisconsin
    I also feel like I can’t do enough! Some of the things that I’ve been doing include donating to organizations, writing to representatives, educating myself with books about racism, sharing information on social media, voting, calling out statements or ideas that are harmful from friends/family, and trying to confront my own biases. I would love to hear about what other people are doing because i want to do more.

I also feel like I can’t do enough! Some of the things that I’ve been doing include donating to organizations, writing to representatives, educating myself with books about racism, sharing information on social media, voting, calling out statements or ideas that are harmful from friends/family, and trying to confront my own biases. I would love to hear about what other people are doing because i want to do more.

• Mike
    Mike Maine
    Trump admitted today he is meddling with the USPS to thwart mail-in voting. The Democrats seem helpless to do anything about it. We need to take to the streets to demand action

Trump admitted today he is meddling with the USPS to thwart mail-in voting. The Democrats seem helpless to do anything about it. We need to take to the streets to demand action

• Crystal
    Crystal Vermont
    I'm with you, Mike. This post office thing is so much more serious than most people realize. Do you know of any groups organizing?

I'm with you, Mike. This post office thing is so much more serious than most people realize. Do you know of any groups organizing?

• Julie Hansen
    Julie Hansen Peacham
    I contribute monthly to a PreK in San Diego. It is just getting starting by a Black educator and will serve a predominantly Black population. We need to start giving economic support for Black excellence and success. Truly hanging on for Nov 3. I am not convinced Trump will not be re-elected and I am not sure what we will do if he is.

I contribute monthly to a PreK in San Diego. It is just getting starting by a Black educator and will serve a predominantly Black population. We need to start giving economic support for Black excellence and success. Truly hanging on for Nov 3. I am not convinced Trump will not be re-elected and I am not sure what we will do if he is.

• Robin
    Robin Venice, Florida
    I’m trying to educate family and friends in Ohio right now. Most still stick their heads in the sand but I’ve made a little progress. I’m seriously considering moving back to Ohio so that I have more influence on my grandchildren. Covid postponed my knee surgery but eventually I’ll be able to be back in the streets. Love that you are doing this Ariel. Hope to see the farm again in the north too distant future.

I’m trying to educate family and friends in Ohio right now. Most still stick their heads in the sand but I’ve made a little progress. I’m seriously considering moving back to Ohio so that I have more influence on my grandchildren. Covid postponed my knee surgery but eventually I’ll be able to be back in the streets.

Love that you are doing this Ariel. Hope to see the farm again in the north too distant future.

• Justin
    Justin Saskatchewan
    Thoughts and prayers to our neighbors to the south through these wretched times. Everything can be healed by starting in the home and spreading all the care and love you never even knew you had, to every beautiful stranger you may or may not ever meet. Peace, love and joy from your neighbor!

Thoughts and prayers to our neighbors to the south through these wretched times. Everything can be healed by starting in the home and spreading all the care and love you never even knew you had, to every beautiful stranger you may or may not ever meet. Peace, love and joy from your neighbor!

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post